Friday, May 23, 2008

Anyone Can Dance, Don't Give Me That "I Can't Dance Bullshit"

Okay, so my personal belief, honest belief, ANYONE CAN DANCE. I know I've posted a bunch of technical stuff and some videos featuring the "professionals," but after God left a positive comment on one of my posts (http://thesuprememaster.blogspot.com), it made me remember that I want to make it clear that dancing should be fun. (which is what God said he wants his children to do). There is no critical eye that's judging you when you dance. And if someone is, who gives a shit? They're just uptight individuals who are too cowardly to let themselves live. Who gives a crap if you don't have rhythm or the technical moves? You're movin' and grovin' and having a good time. And good times, are contagious. Smiles are contagious. Your energy is contagious.

When I go dancing, I love to see people get down with their bad selves. I'm not talking about grinding...that's not really dancing...that's sex on the dance floor with clothes on...or club stalking for that matter...ok...how creepy. But I'm talking about that random dude or girl who's dancing all over the place, having a good time, and doesn't give a shit what anyone thinks. Yea, sometimes they look "funny," but that energy, that free spirit full of fun and life is so fun to watch. Watching other people get into dancing no matter their skill gets me pumped and wanting to dance too. Dance can really be a way for people to get together and loosen up.

I remember once I went to my friend's band show. I didn't know any of his friends except one, and he and I just stood there for half of the show. Then I decided, well, let's start making things fun/interesting. He said he didn't know how to dance. I told him that was bullshit and just to have fun. We danced for the rest of the show and it was so much fun. We did the cheesiest stuff. We did the fishing move when you reel someone in, a simple goofy bouncing step, we raised the roof, it was ridiculous and it was fun. It was great too because he had this giant Jew fro and it bounced along with his moves. Good times.

So if you don't normally dance, give it a try, just have fun. Plus, God says so. http://thesuprememaster.blogspot.com

No comments: