Sunday, April 6, 2008

So You Wanna Dance

What's up?!  So you wanna dance?  I'll teach you the right stuff to get you movin' and groovin', poppin' and lockin', flowin' and krumpin' in the clubs.  I'll also teach you some traditional forms of dance such as ballet, tap, and jazz.

Can't dance?  Bull.  Anyone can dance.  Honestly, ANYONE CAN dance.  It just takes confidence.  You can have the worst dance moves, the worst rhythm, who cares?  So long as you're having fun, that's all that matters.  People will love your energy!  Dancing's about having fun. 

Just to give you a bit of background, I am a junior at The Ohio State University.  I have been dancing since I was 5.  I took ballet, tap, and jazz for 14 years and have been doing hip hop for 4 years.  I also know the basics of breakdancing.

I am one of 4 dance captains for an OSU hip hop dance team, Stylez Dance Group.  We were founded in 2005 and perform about 10 times throughout the school year.  We also attended the Monsters of Hip Hop Dance Convention in D.C. this year where we learned choreography from the sickest dancers around: Flomaster, Jamal, Dave Scott, Nappytabs, Lisette, Marty, etc.  1/2 of those choreographers made the moves you see in the movie Step Up 2!  

Check out our Stylez videos, website, and pictures!  

So you wanna dance?!

No comments: