Monday, April 28, 2008

Soul TIme Talent Show this Thursday

It's almost time for Stylez's next show. Soul Time Talent Show is this Thursday. We just finished teaching new choreography last week. For our practices this week, we're going to focus on cleaning up choreography and blocking (meaning where everyone stands) and also thinking of things to do for the mystery round.

For the mystery round (the final round), the judging committee will give us a song to dance to. The options they have decided to choose from are Chris Brown's "Kiss Kiss," Akon's "Get Buck," and "Whatisit" by BabyDash.

We're planning on using old choreography from the Midwest Mix Up or from previous quarters for round 3. The problem is that not everyone remembers the old choreography and we also picked up some new members at the end of last quarter who do not know old choreography from fall and the beginning of winter quarter.

This is what we're going to have to focus on this week.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I wish you guys the best of luck because I know what it means to learn something one day and have to perform it the next, that's what makes us artists, were not perfect but can't we fake like we are....lol, I'll be at the show Thursday what time does it start.

tmanosu said...

just wondering...how long have you been into dancing?

Gurl said...

The show is at 6:30PM. I'm not sure if that's what time the show starts or if that's when the doors open. I just know that performers have to be there at 4:30. Thanks for the support! I'll definitely post about how we did!

Gurl said...

I've been dancing since i was 5, so....mmm...*counting* I've been dancing for 16 years. Jeez that makes me feel old.

Gurl said...
This comment has been removed by the author.